What Information Do We Collect?
- We also collect information for market research purposes to gain a better understanding of our customers and thus provide more valuable service.
- We collect information regarding customer activities on our websites. This helps us to determine how best to provide useful information to customers and to understand which parts of our websites, products, and Internet services are of most interest to them.
- We may collect information about you from third parties. Such information may include demographic data (like the number of members of your household, age, and gender) and purchase preference information. We may use this information to supplement or update our records, improve the quality or personalization of our communications to you, and help prevent or detect fraud.
- We automatically receive and store certain types of information when you interact with our Sites, our emails, and/or our online advertisements. This information helps us to make our Sites work more efficiently, evaluate use of our Sites, and support our website analytics and marketing campaigns. Here are some of the types of information we may automatically receive:
- Technical information like your internet protocol (IP) address, your device operating system and browser type, you'r referring website's address, and your clickstream through our Sites
- Cookies that recognize you as you use or return to our Sites. The cookies allow the Sites to provide you a more continuous and personalized shopping experience. Cookies are small text files that a website or email saves to your browser and stores on your hard drive.
- Web beacons that allow us to know what pages on our Site have been visited, what emails have been opened, and if our banner ads have been effective.
When is Your Information Being Collected?
- We collect information from you when you register on the site, place an order, enter a contest or promotion, respond to a survey or communication such as e-mail, or participate in another site feature.
- When ordering or registering, we may ask you for your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
- We may ask for your personal information when you’re discussing a service issue on the phone with our customer service department, participating in an online survey, registering your products, or purchasing a product.
- Like many websites, we use "cookies" to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors and visits to our websites.Please refer to the "Do we use 'cookies'?" section below for
Why We Collect Personal Information?
- We collect your personal information because it helps us deliver a superior level of customer service. It enables us to give you convenient access to our products and services and focus on categories of greatest interest to you. In addition, your personal information helps us keep you posted on the latest product announcements, special offers, and events that you might like to hear about.
How Do We Use Your Information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, purchase products, enter a contest or promotion, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- We may use personal information to provide products that you have requested as well as for auditing, research, and analysis to improve CURLD products.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- You have the ability to opt-in to receive our email newsletters after making a purchase on curld.com. If you would no longer like to receive promotional e-mails from us, simply click the unsubscribe button at the bottom of all promotional emails or refer to the "How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?" section below.
How Do We Protect Visitor Information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Your personal information is contained-quired to keep the information conﬁdential. When you place orders or access your personal information, we use a secure server.
- CURLD works to protect your personal information and credit card detail when you shop with us online. We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology - the industry standard - to encrypt the personal information and credit card detail you provide during the order process. All sensitive/credit information you supply i s transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above.
- To ensure the security of your personal information, you should always provide that information over a secure connection. You can check the existence of a secure connection in one of two ways:
- Check the URL in your web browser. Whenever you are connected to a secure server, that connection will be represented in the URL as "https," rather than "http."
- Check your web browser. You have an SSL connection if you see a closed lock or a solid key. If you click on this image, a small pop-up window displaying website security information will appear.
- We urge you to protect your own privacy. We recommend that you do not share your Site password(s) with anyone or in any unsolicited phone call or e-mail.
- While our Site strives to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, CURLD cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third-party hackers from illegally obtaining this information.
Do We Use "Cookies"?
Yes. Cookies are small ﬁles that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the site's or service provider's systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
- We may contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our site visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business.
- You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you won't have access to many features that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
Do We Disclose The Information We Collect To Third Parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to third parties your personally identiﬁable information unless we provide you with advance notice, except as described below.
- The term "third parties" does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information conﬁdential.
- We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law,enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property, or safety.
- HOWEVER, NON-PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE VISITOR INFORMATION MAY BE PROVIDED TO OTHER PARTIES FOR MARKETING, ADVERTISING, OR OTHER USES.
How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?
- To modify your e-mail subscriptions, please let us know by modifying your preferences in the "Customize Your Emails" page. Please note that due to email production schedules you may receive any emails already in production.
- To delete all of your online account information from our database, sign into the "My Account" section of our site and remove your shipping addresses, billing addresses & payment information.
- Please note that we may maintain information about an individual sales transaction in order to service that transaction and for record keeping.
Third Party Links
In an attempt to provide you with increased value, we may include third party links on our site. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including if a speciﬁc link does not work).
Changes To Our Policy
Children Under 13 Years of Age.
This Site is directed to adults, and does not knowingly collect personal information online from children under the age of 13 without prior parental consent. If you are the parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13, and you believe your child has provided personal information to our Site that you would like us to delete, please Customer Service.
If we become aware that a user of our Site is under the age of 13 and has provided information to us (e.g., placed an order, entered a sweepstakes, contest or other promotion, etc.) using our Site, we will remove that child’s personal information from our files. We may use the information to provide notices to the parents of users under the age of 13 where that may be necessary.
FOR RESIDENTS OF CALIFORNIA ONLY.
If you are a California resident and customer, you have the right to request information from us once per calendar year regarding the customer information we share with third parties for the third parties direct marketing purposes.
- Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code requires select businesses to disclose policies relating to the sharing of certain categories of customers' personal information with third-parties. These businesses are required to accept such requests from customers but are only required to honor one request per calendar year.
- In each instance, businesses have thirty (30) days to respond to each inquiry. Each inquiring customer is entitled to receive an explanation of the categories of customer information shared and the names and addresses of the third-party businesses. In limited circumstances, customer's' failure to submit requests in the manner specified will not require a response from the business.
- If you are a resident of California and a current CURLD customer, you may be eligible to request such information fromCURLD by sending an email correspondence noting your name, address, and email address to Customer Service (add hyperlink) at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Further, you must also include a request that CURLD provide such information to you using the following or similar text in your correspondence. "I request that CURLD provide its third-party information sharing disclosures required by Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code."
Questions And Feedback
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue.
Online Policy Only
Terms And Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website.